Impromptu Style Guide
This impromptu style guide was reverse engineered using the How to Set Up Custom Dimensions document as an example.
- The intro section should have a prerequisites section.
- H2s are title case.
- Numbered steps are H2s and are prefaced with the word “Step” followed by a number and colon. E.g., Step 1: Do This Now
- H2 step titles start with a verb.
- Sub steps are not numbered.
- Navigation breadcrumbs are delimited by 2 greater than symbols (»)
- Screen captures are 1080px wide.
- The red arrow graphics are here.
- There’s no summary or conclusion section. Instead of a summary or conclusion there’s a nudge CTA to read a recommended post/doc. E.g.:
If you enjoy having more and more data, you should definitely check out our Google Analytics eCommerce Tracking plugin. This will make it very easy for you to track your sales from your site!